HR and Health & Safety Policies and Advice: Helping to take the headache out of compliance and
improving Your Company for growth and development..
Human Resources Consulting and Personnel
Reducing staff turnover and developing your employees is an important factor in any company. How do you comply with the current Legislation and all its changes? Are your Staff achieving their potential? Are new staff developed and integrated quickly into your objectives?
We can provide policies to help you comply with the current Employment Law; processes for Induction and Appraisal that you can use within your own business to develop your staff; practical procedures for maintaining & supporting employees.
On a retained basis we can also provide ongoing support and advice for future changes in Legislation and developments in your Company.
Our Human Resources Services at a glance:
- Advice on Employment Law
- Human Resources Policies and Processes to help maintain and develop your Staff
- Training and Development Packages
- Retained support for future Human Resources Legislation changes
Contact us now to discuss your Human Resources requirements
Our Free Human Resources Factsheets
Free Human Resources Help and Guidance Factsheets from Holges Consulting
- - Employee absence and return to work meeting policies ensure employees understand what is expected of them, and in return from the company in the case of absence
- - Promoting gender diversity is not just about gender equality and equal opportunity it is about business improvement with an untapped resource!
- - To be effective promotion of gender diversity through HR Policy needs to work from three directions: Monitoring, Building a Case and Taking Action...
- - Are you up to date on the legislation changes affecting HR January to March 2013? Check out this factsheet for a run-down of the main changes coming into force.
- - Information that can be used as a checklist to help ensure your policies and procedures for change management makes the most out of the changes you implement for your company, and overcomes the negative emotional hurdles on the way to success.
- - Factsheet on attracting a broader market to your company and improving your team problem solving skills through considerate (non-discriminatory) deployment of policies governing all employment processes from recruitment to redundancy
- - Social networking and social media effects business from two angles: The impact on businesses where employees have access to social networking and social media during work hours and the new opportunities available for all businesses for improved/cheaper communication and marketing strategy. Whether the overall effect is positive or negatve appears to be up to how we handle the opportunities and impacts?
- - Popular steps taken for making employees motivated in their work that can be even cheaper than the quick fixes
- - The law requires employers to make checks and keep records of rights to work for all persons employed from January 1997 onwards. This factsheet gives an overview as to the why, how, when, and what to check, as an employer, to gain a statutory excuse to avoid prosecution and or fines if an illegal worker is found working for you.
- - Use this flowchart to resolve small incidents or grievances swiftly so that everyone can get back to their busy jobs, satisfied that in their company problems are taken seriously and dealt with promptly.
- - Changes in April 2012; Employment Tribunal procedure reformed, Qualifying period for Unfair Dismissal increased, Statutory payments increased, RIDDOR reporting periods increased, Pension Auto enrolment new rules coming Oct 2012 - checks needed now.
- - This factsheet can be used while preparing your business for events countrywide or local, to aid you as a check list for impact assessment.
Our Human Resources Blog Posts
Holges Consulting blog posts on HR related matters
5th Feb 2013: Winter – Still Causing Seasonal Shifts in Employee Absence - Can Human Resources Help?- If it isn't the snow or heavy rain causing havoc, it's the winter vomiting bug, winter depression or general heightened levels of colds and flu stealing our employees from work!
10th Jan 2013: HR Policy (or lack of) still cripples Top Management Gender diversity!- Unfair treatment post-maternity leave, inflexibility for family responsibilities, unequal pay and more age old sex discrimination issues still not dealt with!
12th Dec 2012: 'Christmas' Work Parties – Disaster waiting to happen?- You think you have the party planned out, but have you ensured that you are catering for everyone and that health and safety and misconduct issues have been prepared for?
- - What is the point of change management? You see a way you can improve the company services/products/profits, and you make the change, simple? Or is it?
- - Extra costs may be endured to avoid discrimination of protected characteristics in company policy. Is promoting equality only about the costs?
- - Does social networking and media have a positive or negative impact on business overall?
- - Under-valuing employees causes low morale and so less productivity. Are you taking all steps necessary to let your employees know you value them?
- - A great problem solving tool and opportunity to give staff constructive feedback and praise; are you using the full potential of staff reviews?
- - You completed Right to Work checks when you first took on a new employee but did you know further ongoing checks have to be made in some cases?
- - A year after starting my own business - what have I learnt, where have I progressed, and what help can that be to others?
- - Stopping a small problem from becoming a Tribunal matter.
- - Each new employee is a new gamble - will they be a business asset or a liability? Your first actions may have more sway on this gamble than you think.
- - Not taken steps to ready your HR policies for the Olympics? Do not think the Olympics will impact your business? Maybe you should think again!
- - How are terms Human Resources and Personnel viewed by Employees, Companies, and Professionals? continued
- - How are terms Human Resources and Personnel viewed by Employees, Companies, and Professionals?